Thursday, October 16, 2008

Senses

Today I wasn't in my normal office, I was covering for someone in our other office, and I didn't think it would be very nice to put a bunch of post its on Debis' computer.  Go figure, it was sooooo busy and I was paying attention alright, but not to much besides work.  Now, we all have to buckle down sometimes and do what we have to do, so I'm not going to beat myself up, I'm being realistic.

Here's the thing though.  This morning (surprise, surprise) I was walking to the car paying attention so I didn't miss one of my moments.  Nothing to see.  Well then I heard this bird start singing.  It was such a sweet sound.  I realized I had only been using one of my senses, seeing. Hmph, I felt a little discouraged by the fact that I've probably been missing alot.  No, I said to myself, this is a learning experience.  All this means is that I am learning!  Now there's an attention getter.

I had to go out and turn the lights off in a vehicle, and I suddenly smelled the most wonderful aroma.  I think it may have been doughnuts or something.  Anyway, it smelled excellent.  Bingo, two senses I had not been including in my daily quest to pay attention.  

It doesn't get any better than that!

PS

No comments:

Post a Comment