On my way to work, I think, P.S.... Pay Attention! I look out of my open sunroof and there is this huge beautiful bird soaring. Soar, big wing flap, long soar, big wing flap, it was almost as if it were in slow motion. I'm sitting at the red light watching this bird soar and all of a sudden these two pigeons start attacking it! Big bird flies a little faster, and the pigeons chase him and try to knock him right out of the sky! I watched them until the light turned green and I had to be on my way.
I got to work, a bit late, but it was alright. It was also pay day! There is a new schedule (again) and all our hours have been cut, but not by much.
I admit (and this is the point of this blog) that the rest of the day I was on auto pilot. I was NOT paying attention. I can look back at the day, and think about this or that happening, but those are the moments that I missed. I can only think about them as I remember them now, but I'll never know what it would've been like to actually have lived them.
So...
Today there was Thumper, the little bunny that wanted to play chicken with cars. There was also Big Bird, who was bombarded by two kamikazi pigeons. I now have a few more hours a week to spend with my dogs, or clean the house (uh, maybe), and visit with my Mom and Dad, who are getting pretty old and fragile.
There is a bright side to everything if we pay attention long enough to find it.
It doesn't get any better than that!
PS

No comments:
Post a Comment