Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Challenge #2

I think we'll all agree that times are hard and getting harder.  The economic situation looks pretty bleak right now.  The company I work for is struggling to keep it's doors open.   I honestly don't know what's going to happen.  I do know that we should reach out and help each other the best we can, now more than ever.  It only makes sense that "we" and  "us" are going to be able to do more than "I" and "me", right?  If you aren't at least a little frightened now, you should be.  Probably a little more than a little.  This coming from me, well, let's just say that people tend to lean toward the, "will she ever take those rose colored glasses off she's been staring through all her life?" when they think about me.  So, this coming from me, who's only peeking over the top of those rosy shades, should get you to sit up a bit straighter.

On behalf of all of us, I challenge you...

Are ya' ready out there big world in a pickle jar?  Let's make it a sweet pickle, ok?  No, no, that's not the challenge.   This is.  

First, remember we're all in this together.   Being kinder to our fellow strugglers would go a long way at anytime, but especially right now.   If you can't help in any way other than to be gentler, kinder, more compassionate and forgiving to everyone, trust me, that is often much more difficult, than anything monetary.  
However, we do depend on the almighty dollar for important things too.  Keep in mind, no amount of those dollars can buy what I have asked us to be for one another in the previous paragraph.  It is a fact that some of us have more than others in the material way.  Let's spread that around, okay?  Most of us don't need half of what we have kept in those closets, the basement, or the cookie jar.    The rest of us could use twice as much as what we have in the closet, the backpack, or the pocket.  
I say again, let's spread it out a little more evenly.  You see, no matter what you have, or don't have, we all have something to give.  
I challenge us all to do what we can to make this situation easier for all of us.  I know it may not be easy, but I'm with ya' so let's do it.   Please write and tell me about your experiences, on the giving and receiving end, because each of us is on both ends!

It doesn't get any better than that!

PS

No comments:

Post a Comment