Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Number

For quite a long time now, I've had a number.  222
This is my number because when I look at the clock it's often there, or the coffee machine, microwave, license plates, on tv, the newspaper, maybe someone says something with 222 in it.  
A random address I may look at in passing, how much an item costs in the store or restaurant, on a sign or billboard.  The list goes on and on.  Yep 222 is constantly haunting me.  
What does it mean?  A couple of years ago I decided it wasn't a lucky number.  This year 222 has been in my face usually several times a day.  Does it seem more prevailant because I'm subconciously looking for it?  Well, I just don't know, but I think I've figured out what it means to me.
  
This may sound a bit morbid, but I don't mean for it to.  I think it's a heads up that I'm going to die on February, 22 (02/22).  Who knows what year.  A couple of friends of mine, when I told them that's what I thought, said perhaps it meant dying in the year 2022.  I've always hoped to have some sort of warning when I'd be leaving this earth so as to have the time to get my affairs in order.  Sad but true.  I'm so unorganized that, no matter what I do, I stay that way.  I'd also like the heads up so that I would do some of things I've put off doing.  Yes, add procrastinator to unorganized.  

Think about how idiotic that sounds, will ya'?  I have the time now to get organized and do things I've put off.   Honestly, does that sound right to you?  Instead of enjoying the last days of my life here on Mother Earth in peace and harmony, with loved ones, making sure they know how much I love them (another something I should be doing every day anyway) apparently I'd rather wait until I'm just about to die and worry myself to death (pun definitely intended) trying to get things done. 

I suppose if I would keep this in mind, and do a little everyday towards being organized and not putting things off, then when my number is up, I'll  have smooth sailing in my last days and into the beautiful afterlife.  Not to mention I won't have to worry about what my loved ones will find in this mess once I'm gone!

It doesn't get any better than that!

PS


1 comment:

  1. I know all about having a number! Mine is 620. Everywhere I look it's there. I've never thought about what it means, I'm going to think about it and let you know what I come up with.
    BTW, I like your blog, wish you would write more often!

    ReplyDelete