Sunday, December 7, 2008

Don't burn bridges

What is it that seems to bring out past men in my life in the winter time?  I don't know if I said that right or not, but anyway.....
In the past week and a half I've gotten e-mails from a very sweet man I went out with a few times about 3 1/2 or 4 years ago, I've had calls from a man who lived with me for about 7 years, and that was........ready for this?  That was 20 years ago.  My ex husband, whom I was divorced from in 2000 suddenly decided to actually be nice to me!  So, you get the idea.

It's very strange indeed, and this happens pretty much every year.  I have to admit it's a boost to my deflated ego, however these are past relationships that didn't work out.  Perhaps it's just that we weren't meant to be together, but friends always.  Maybe the cold weather and the prospect of being cooped up inside brings out the urge to want to snuggle through the winter.  You know, like bears.  Hmmm, well let me say this right here, right now, I have in the past fallen for that urge only to find come spring they hit the ground running!!!

So, though it's really nice to hear from these guys, I've learned that some things are better left alone, like snuggling with the past.  It is a lesson in not burning bridges though, because it's nice to know that I'm still thought of, and thought of affectionately by so many people, years later.

It doesn't get any better than that!

PS


No comments:

Post a Comment